Safeguarding Our Health - New Service Adjustments
Out of an abundance of caution NW Furniture Bank has modified operations. Our goal is to remain open and to continue safely serving clients. To do so we will need to adjust our services - see details below. Thank you for your flexibility and understanding during these unpredictable times!
NWFB in Vancouver and Tacoma will continue accepting donations. See our donation page for additional details.
NW Furniture Bank Service Updates (Both Locations)
- Clients and donors are required to appropriately wear masks during all service interactions. Staff reserves the right to refuse service if masks are not worn.
- NWFB staff is shopping for clients. No outside entry to furniture bank or mattress recycling center at this time.
- NWFB staff will continue to wear masks, practice social distancing, and to sanitize often, including between truck stops. We ask that clients, customers, and donors also practice social distancing.
- No volunteer opportunities are being offered at this time.
- Retail stores will remain open with reduced capacity - 6 customers in the store at any one time. This applies to both locations. Stores will maintain operating hours of Tuesday-Saturday 10a-5p.
We recognize the very nature of our service, to collect and redistribute home goods, means we are a connection point for hundreds of people (and thousands of items) moving through our community every week. During this dynamic public health crisis, our responsibility is to reduce the potential spread of the virus by limiting contact.
We know this decision will impact our community partners, clients, and donors. Furniture is an important part of stabilizing a family and we exist to provide that furniture. We will continue to monitor developments and assess our best course of action to safely resume services as soon as possible. We will also continually update the banner on our website at nwfurniturebank.org
Your ongoing support is crucial. How you can support us:
• Consider a financial donation to help us stabilize our services.
• Inform your networks about the importance of supporting our services.
Thank you for your patience and solidarity. We are continuously renewed by the kindness and generosity of our community and we know that together, we will emerge from this difficult time stronger and more connected.
Wishing you and your loved ones health and comfort,
NW Furniture Bank Team