Safeguarding Our Health - What NW Furniture Bank is Doing
In response to the threat of COVID-19, NW Furniture Bank is closed to the public until further notice.
We are immediately suspending these services in Tacoma and Vancouver:
- Drop off donations
- Pickup donations
- Client appointments
- Hope Furnishings operations
- Mattress Recycling
- Community events (case worker orientations, volunteer events, community collection drives, etc.)
We recognize the very nature of our service, to collect and redistribute home goods, means we are a connection point for hundreds of people (and thousands of items) moving through our community every week. During this dynamic public health crisis, our responsibility is to reduce the potential spread of the virus by limiting contact.
After careful consideration, our best opportunity to immediately ensure everyone is protected is to temporarily close.
We know this decision will impact our community partners, clients, and donors. Furniture is an important part of stabilizing a family and we exist to provide that furniture. We will continue to monitor developments and assess our best course of action to safely resume services as soon as possible. We will also continually update the banner on our website at nwfurniturebank.org
During the next weeks, our staff will work to fully clean and ready our spaces based on guidelines from local health officials. During that time, we will not generate revenue that will fund the resumption of services and staff salaries. Your ongoing support is crucial.
How you can support us:
• Consider a financial donation to help us stabilize our services.
• Clean and set aside gently-used items to donate when we reopen. Review our list of accepted items.
• Inform your networks about the importance of supporting our services.
• If you currently have an appointment with us, we will contact you to discuss rescheduling. Contact us if you have not heard from us within 72 hrs of your scheduled appointment.
Thank you for your patience and solidarity. We are continuously renewed by the kindness and generosity of our community and we know that together, we will emerge from this difficult time stronger and more connected.
Wishing you and your loved ones health and comfort,
NW Furniture Bank Team