Resources for case workers
Here are some resources to help you and your clients
You qualify for our help if you:
- Need furniture
- Are in housing
You’ll also need to be able to:
- Transport furniture or use our delivery services
- Pay processing fee or acquire assistance with fee
Keep reading for more information on payment and transportation
No. All items (furniture pieces & housewares) are subject to availability.
Your guided shopping appointment will be 45-minutes long.
- NWFB provides used, gently-loved items
- All furnishings are backed by our Health Risk Free Promise
- Every referral is subject to a non-refundable processing fee of $100
- Delivery is available, in certain areas, for an additional $150 fee
- Payment must be made before you will be allowed to begin your shopping appointment
Our inventory changes daily based on what has been donated to us. These are the broad categories of furniture that you will be able to request:
- 1 Bookshelf
- 1 Nighstand
- 1 Couch
- 1 Easy Chair
- 1 Dresser
- 1 Nightstand
- 1 Desk
- 1 Desk Chair
- 1 Dining Table
- Enough Dining Chairs for the household
We are also often able to offer housewares such as a lamp, artwork, dishes, cookware, and linens
- Unfortunately, we do not have the resources.
- NWFB is unable to provide translator services. We ask that you bring someone to assist with communication during your shopping appointment and/or delivery if there is a language barrier.
- Our inventory rotates daily. While we might not have the exact item you’re looking for, our friendly shopping team is happy to help you find a similar item in stock.
You will not able to return or look in the warehouse for additional pieces after your appointment is over. Exchanges not allowed.
- Our delivery service area covers a ~20-mile radius from our location. (Excluding Oregon, our trucks cannot cross state lines).
- We use your zip code to verify whether you are eligible to use our delivery service
- NWFB will not deliver without a responsible adult present
- There must be someone 18 years or older home to accept your furniture
- If you live on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd story we do not need an elevator
- NWFB will not deliver to the 4th floor or above without an elevator
- Furniture will be delivered into the front room of your home
- It will be your responsibility to put items where you want them to go
- If you will not be using our delivery service, you must bring your own resources for moving the furniture: vehicle space, rope, and other moving materials
Vehicle(s) must be present at the start of the appointment, before shopping can begin
NWFB staff will load the vehicle(s), but assumes no responsibility for damage caused by items not loaded and/or tied down correctly
Only one trip is allowed. A 20ft box truck is recommended but multiple vehicles may be used